Saturday 20 February 2010

Mr. Steve McClure and TCA

Well I must say I am impressed.

There have been a lot of climbers at TCA, some real world class athletes.
Houlding, Emmett, Parry, Macleod and various others but Steve McClure has been the most impressive that I have seen so far.
Never unnecessarily dynamic and seemingly always in control, he seemed magically able to cling and move from holds I couldn't even contemplate using.
And to match that ability on the wall he was pleasant and helpful off it. He even put up with me asking questions.


Will changed the problem I was planning on working so now I cant latch the first hold - helpful...

Instead I am going to focus my efforts onto a new white set by Steve, with an unusually nice ending and a funky roof/traverse to begin. Quite excited to get on that fresh and hopefully with some skin on my fingertips.

Also Kudos to Ben who managed to do Chulilla at Brean Down today on his first lead attempt of the day.



I do appear to have taken a shower before most of these bag pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment