Friday 26 November 2010

Open Handed

I went to TCA this afternoon and did a session on open handed holds,
My hand still feels ok right now so I safely avoided the crimping.

I actually find it quite interesting dropping back to open hand, everything feels weird, even the big holds feel awkward. I guess I never really thought about how much I use something resembling a full crimp until I started not using it.
It is also interesting that I can still manage holds that I would normally crimp, if I start doing this on a regular basis then chances are that my shoddy footwork will stop being a cause of A2 pulley issues.

This period of open handing will no doubt help me out in the future, and with any luck also strengthen up my ring finger leading to an increase in pocket pulling power.

No comments:

Post a Comment