Friday 4 March 2011

Talking earlier reminded me.

Of this section of dialogue from southpark:



Randy: But, maybe... I'm just the kind of person who needs to have it all or nothing.
Stan: Naw. All or nothing is easy. But learning to drink a little bit, responsibly, that'sa disciprine. Disciprine... come from within. [Randy looks at Stan for a moment, then walks up to his side and kneels next to him.]
Randy: How did I manage to raise such a smart kid?
Stan: I've had a great teacher.
Randy: Thanks son.
Stan: No not you, my karate teacher. He's really smart.





Discipline is definitely something that I lack. Convincing myself to do something I dont really want to do is just about the hardest thing possible.
My body knows all kinds of tricks to distract myself, the most cunning of which seems to be an unbelievable sensation of tiredness whenever uni work rears its ugly head. I can't fight - I just can't keep my eyes open!

Anyways, the passage above seems to be my way of dealing with it. All or nothing. I learn no discipline but at least the task at hand gets accomplished. Specifically this is about my diet. I cant manage having biscuits or chocolate at hand otherwise the whole things goes. Therefore none must be present in the first place.

I ate two cakes this week! I'm a disgrace, I think I am actually heavier now than when I started my training plan back in January.

2 months to font.
By that time I am going to be stronger, fitter and lighter than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment